In light of ongoing concerns about health and safety during the coronavirus pandemic, Jackson Hole Writers has made the difficult decision to cancel the in-person Jackson Hole Writers Conference this June. Instead of hosting the live conference in 2020, the board and staff of Jackson Hole Writers are working hard to create and implement online programs that will share key components of our conference that make it special.
We are excited by the online program offerings we are developing, and we remain committed to creating community through our shared passion for and practice of creative writing. Uncertainty challenges us to think creatively and consider how we can share our craft classes, critiques, panels, presentations and readings — all delivered by members of our extraordinary faculty — in a way that ensures the health and safety of our communities. We invite you to join us as we continue to support and expand our community of writers by providing unique educational programming, professional training, and creative impetus.
Before the end of April, we will have a full suite of offerings that bring many aspects of our live conference online. Most programs will be offered free of charge and will require advance registration. Programs will include offerings like:
- A four-session workshop on structuring a narrative with Patricia Moeller
- A six-session workshop on developing and revising a novel manuscript with Deborah Turrell Atkinson and Mark Hummel
- An interactive poetry panel with Juan Morales, Jonathan Fink and Matt Daly focused on poetry of witness
- Both short and extended manuscript critiques like those offered at the conference
- A live reading where you can sign-up to share your work or just listen and cheer
- A collage presentation of faculty reflections on how living in the West affects their writing and writing life with opportunities for you to post your own video reflections
- And more to come!
The board and staff of Jackson Hole Writers are all writers, and we know first-hand how important maintaining attention to our writing practice is, from inspiration to publication, in these challenging times. Let’s work together to keep writing.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com or 307-413-3332
Tim Sandlin, Executive Director
Matt Daly, Assistant Director